Par | 72
Yardage | 6,821
The Links at Spanish Bay
Head to The Links at Spanish Bay; a Scottish style masterpiece with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Often overshadowed by the prestige of Pebble Beach® and Spyglass Hill®, The Links at Spanish Bay® features unforgettable views, incredible play, and a world-class experience. Designed to preserve and protect the native plants, birds, and animals, is every bit as beautiful and challenging as its more famous counterparts.
- The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., Tom Watson, and Sandy Tatum.
- The course was first developed in 1985, and was planned to help protect the native dunes habitat.
- The course was opened on November 5, 1987. Tom Watson, who played the inaugural round, shot a 67. Watson’s score is still the course record.
- Every evening a bagpiper closes the course in Scottish tradition.
- The Links at Spanish Bay is one of the most ecologically sensitive courses in the world; players are asked to drop outside of specific areas to help preserve the native plants, birds, and animals that make the course so special.