Par | 70
Yardage | 6,983
Pinehurst No. 2
Head to North Carolina, the home of Pinehurst Resort and some of the most beautiful golf courses ever designed.
- Opened in 1907, the course was designed by Donald Ross. Ross later said that Pinehurst No. 2 was, “the fairest test of championship golf I have ever designed.”
- Pinehurst No. 2 has served more single golf championships than any other course in America.
- The course is known for its crowned, undulating greens. These greens are often thought to be some of the most difficult in the world.
- In 2014, Pinehurst No. 2 hosted 14 days of championship play with back to back U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships for the first time in their history.
- In 2010, the design firm of Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw began a project to restore the course to its natural and strategic characteristics that were the essence of Ross’s original design. Now, players are seeing and playing the course as it was originally envisioned.
- Martin Kaymer (U.S. Open 2014)
- Michellie Wie (U.S. Women’s Open 2014)
- Michael Campbell (U.S. Open 2005)
- Payne Stewart (U.S. Open 1999)