Par | 72
Yardage | 7,073
Phoenix Country Club
Head to Miyazaki, Japan to explore the Phoenix Country Club. This course is not only one of the best courses in Japan, but in the whole world. Phoenix Country Club’s course is not only heralded for its challenging and fascinating play, but also its exceptionally beautiful and serene surroundings.
- Phoenix Country Club is considered to be the “Augusta of Japan.” However, unlike Augusta National, Phoenix Country Club is open to the public.
- While this course remains true to its natural landscape, well-placed bunkers and pine trees lining the fairway prove to be a constant menace for golfers.
- Phoenix Country Club was ranked 67 of the top 100 golf courses by Golf Digest.
- Since 1974 the course has hosted the Dunlop Phoenix Tournament. This November tournament has hosted the finest golfers in the world. Past winners include: Hideki Matsuyama, Luke Donald, Toshinori Muto, Ian Poulter, Padraig Harrington, Tiger Woods, Lee Westwood, Tom Watson, and Johnny Miller.
- The course was opened in 1971 and was designed by famed architect Gokichi Ohashi.
One of the top 100 courses in world, one of the top 3 courses in Japan, and the site of the Dunlop Phoenix Tournament since 1974, the Phoenix Country Club is located within the Phoenix Seagaia Resort, on the Hitotsuba Pacific Coast. Lined by pine groves and lusciously designed, the beauty of this course is matched only by its excitement.
Challenge yourself on this engaging, fascinating course.
The Garden Shuttle Bus to the Club House is free of charge and takes only 5 minutes from the Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort.