Par | 72
Yardage | 7,223
Bay Hill Club & Lodge
Head to Orlando, Florida to visit the Bay Hill Club and Lodge. The 18-hole golf course opened in 1961. More than 50 years later, Bay Hill is home to one of golf’s greatest legends, and is considered one of the finest golf courses in the world.
- Bay Hill Club & Lounge was the first golf course planted with Tifway Bermuda grass. During its initial years, wildlife still inhabited the land including a family of bobcats that resided around the now famous 17th Otters still claimed the lakes as their homes.
- In 1965, Arnold Palmer won a charity exhibition tournament at Bay Hill, sponsored by the Orlando Chamber of Commerce, and his love for this beautiful property and challenging golf venue began. Palmer told his wife Winnie that he wanted to own Bay Hill.
- Palmer took ownership of Bay Hill in 1975 and polished the original visions of Bay Hill into the prestigious course it is today with the stature of a world-class facility.
- Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge hosts the PGA TOUR Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by Master Card each March.
- Bay Hill is often considered one of the top golf resort destinations in America, and is included on many top 100 lists as a spectacular course to play.
- Top 100 Resort Courses – Golfweek Magazine
- Top100 Courses You Can Play – Golf Magazine
- Top 50 Golf Clubs in America 2014-2016 – Club Leaders Forum & Platinum Clubs of America
- Best Courses Near You – Golf Magazine
- Rated Outstanding (Quality 24/Facilities 25/Service 25) – Zagat
- Best Courses You Can Play – Golf Magazine
- Toughest Golf Courses – Orlando Business Journal
- Top 10 Golf Resorts in the Sunshine State – Links Magazine
- Best Courses You Can Play – Golfweek Magazine
- Top 100 Best Resort Courses – Golfweek Magazine